1008 Dakota St
Winnipeg, MB, R2N 1P2
CHURCH WORSHIP - 9:30am (Every Saturday)
WELCOME TO LIGHTHOUSE OF HOPE SDA CHURCH
5th December 2020
9:30-10:20 (Sabbath school Quarterly)
Call to worship
Tithes and Offerings: Local Church Budget.
Scripture reading: James 1:2-4.
Message Title: Faith during trials
2.2020 Calendar of Offering. Click Me
3. Lighthouse Calendar 2019: Click Me
4. 2019 Lighthouse Fall Evangelistic Meetings: Our Fall Evangelistic Meetings will be held from October 19 to October 26, 2019 from 6.30pm to 8pm each day at our usual worship center - 1008 Dakota Street. Let us pray for this event.
Manitoba-Saskatchewen Conference of SDA Announcements. Click Me for More
1. CEO Position: Park Manor Care is seeking qualified CEO applicants who will capably embrace the responsibility for administrative operations to implement the Strategic Plans of Care for our 100-bed personal care home and 60-suite independent senior’s apartments. This Winnipeg-based, full-time position is available beginning October 2019.
Applicants will preferably have a Business Administration degree plus 5-10 years of experience in healthcare administration and will be committed to serving in our growing Adventist community featuring 1,000 members, 9 churches, 2 care homes, 1 senior’s lodge, and 1 academy.
2. Hurricane Tragedy: Hurricane Dorian's fury wreaked unprecedented damage. Many have been killed or injured. Over 72,000 people are in need of urgent assistance. Over 13,000 homes have been badly damaged. The full extent of the damage is not yet known as some areas continue to be inaccessible. ADRA Canada in partnership with the global ADRA network has been raising funds to provide food, clean water, emergency shelter kits, and other necessary supplies. ADRA staff have been on the ground providing assistance in partnership with local Seventh-day Adventist churches and volunteers. The SDACC expresses appreciation to those who have already provided support and encourages cash donations to ADRA Canada at adra.ca/hurricanes for our brothers and sisters in this tragedy who are struggling. If you would like to help with this relief please send your cash donations to adra.ca/hurricanes.
3.Church Bulletin Insert CEO Park Manor Care Position Ad: Park Manor Care (owned and operated by the SDA Church) is seeking qualified CEO applicants who will capably embrace the responsibility for administrative operations to implement the Strategic Plans of Care for our 100-bed personal care home and 60-suite independent senior’s apartments. This Winnipeg-based, full-time position is available beginning November 2019. Applicants will preferably have a Business Administration degree plus 5-10 years of experience in healthcare administration and will be committed to serving in our growing Adventist community featuring 1,000 members, 9 churches, 2 care homes, 1 senior’s lodge, and 1 academy. Please explore website: www.parkmanor.ca, then submit your CV and cover letter to Board Chair Michael Collins, 301 Redonda Street, Winnipeg, MB R2C 1L7 or email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
4. 5.4% of Canadians are South Asian. Discover how your church is responding in the new Canadian Adventist Messenger: South Asian Edition. Inside are Tips on sharing your faith; Building bridges; Testimonies; Resources. To get your copy, contact MessengerSA@adventist.ca . Print subscription is $12.00 per year.
5. vice president for administration: On Dec. 10, 2019, the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada (SDACC) Board of Directors elected Paul Llewellyn as the next executive secretary/vice-president for administration. Llewellyn will begin his duties as of Jan. 1, 2020. He has served ably as educator, pastor, camp director, conference secretary, and conference president. He will be leaving his current position as President of the Maritime Conference of the SDA Church after working within the conference for 10 years.
6. BURMAN UNIVERSITY JOB OPPORTUNITY
Burman University invites applications for the following positions:
Full-time Tenure-track Faculty Position in Psychology
Full-time Tenure-track Faculty Position in Education
Full-Time Director of Continuing Education and Institutional Research
Full-time Student Life Advisor
Full-time Admissions Officer
Please visit our website https://www.burmanu.ca/humanresources/jobopportunities for details.
7. Would you like to be a part of Camp Whitesand’s ministry team this summer? We are looking for people 16 years and older who love Jesus and want to share Him at camp. For more information to be part of this team please go to email@example.com and www.campwhitesand.com
I have attached a copy of the International Food Fair Application form.
8.Do you want to accept the challenge of reaching people for the Lord? Here is an opportunity that is unique and will help you fill that urge to reach others. Dale Richardson is looking for an Adventist Mechanical and Civil Engineer/Technologist who are willing to use their degrees in Engineers to reach out to others for the Lord. Currently I working in my local community using my engineering diploma and STEM as a whole to create points of contact within the Indigenous community and our whole community. I would like to expand this program to other communities, so I am looking for Adventist Civil and Mechanical Engineers/Technologists, that would be interested in using engineering to open doors for the gospel work. If you are interested in learning more about this exciting new way of spreading the gospel message please contact me, Dale Richardson, at 306.441.4626 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Mission opportunity: Opportunity for Mission Minded Engineers & Technologists
Looking for Engineers and Technologists in the civil, mechanical, power, and environmental disciplines to help with part-time work in a business venture that is helping to build bridges into the indigenous community and the broader North Battleford community. I am also partnered with an educational institution, with a common goal to help develop initiatives to facilitate making engineering more accessible to indigenous peoples.
Some of the initiatives include:
Develop an introductory drafting class geared at indigenous peoples
Create partnerships between indigenous communities
Creating relationships with schools by presentations about engineering to raise awareness
Building relationships in the business community
Providing support in developing indigenous professionals
If anyone is interested in providing engineering services and assistance with developing initiatives, please let me know what area you would be interested in participating. All for-profit work will be reasonably compensated.
For further information about this wonderful opportunity please contact
Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Tel: 306 441 4626 or email email@example.com
10. It Is Written Canada Video on Nova Scotia Shootings – Pastor Lemon has produced a short comforting message about the Nova Scotia Shootings. Here is the link for it to share with your members: Why Such Senseless Shootings in Nova Scotia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNbyT-dYBt8
11. ABC SPRING RUN is for delivery and pick up of PRE PAID ORDERS there will be no sales on this trip. Please circulate the attached updated schedule of the truck to all your members. I will have it posted on the website also at https://www.mansaskadventist.ca/
12. PACeS (Prairie Adventist Christian eSchool) is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. It is an Online Learning providing K-12 Adventist Education through daily online classes with teachers and other student for those that want an Adventist Education but do not have an Adventist Brick and Mortar school where they are living. To get further information or to apply visit their website at https://pacescanada.org/
13.EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: RRVJA is seeking Grades 9-12 English Language Arts Teacher with Business, Accounting, and/or ICT Role. Visit the following link for details:
14.EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: RRVJA is seeking a Full Time Grade 7-8 Teacher for the 2020-2021 School year. Visit the following link for details: https://catnet.adventist.ca/employment/joblist.php?conf=33
15.CHRIST IN THE CRISIS SERIES- A raging pandemic, struggling economies, increasing natural disasters, universal social unrest, divided churches—ours is a planet in crisis. Can we find hope in these times? Together with the rest of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada, join us from December 7-10, 2020 as we explore the topic of Christ in the Crisis. This series will air across social media on Facebook and YouTube. Visit www.Christinthecrisis.org for more information.
END OF THE STORM SERIES – Henderson Highway Church invites you to join this two-week event. It began on Nov. 22 at 7 pm (CST) and continues from Sundays – Wednesdays, evenings, & Saturday mornings at 11 am. Starting with the flood in Noah's time, Pastor Seth Dixon addresses the end of time and the new earth, when all storms are over. This is a Q & A-style virtual series on Bible history and prophecy. Questions can be shared in the comment sections or on Slido (event code ). The day is coming when there will be no more storms! May you be encouraged to keep trusting Jesus one more day.
17. CONFERENCE OFFICE COVID-19 REGULATIONS- Please note that masks and/or face shields are now required to be worn at the Conference Office in Saskatoon. Disposable masks have been made available for those who enter without one and signage has been placed around the building to that affect. Increased cleaning measures have been put in place as well so you will see hand sanitizer, cleaner and paper towel in a lot more locations upon your visit. Thank you for helping us keep our Conference office a safe and healthy space.
18. ADRA CANADA CHALLENGE - Each day, millions of people go hungry. In places like Sudan, children leave school in the middle of the day to search for casual jobs or beg on the streets, hoping to scrape together enough money to buy a small meal. ADRA is helping by providing schools with food supplies so they can make nutritious lunches for their students. By participating in ADRA’s 2020 Ration Meal Challenge, you can help too! We challenge participants to use the simple ingredients we have in our emergency food distributions to create three meals that can sustain them for 24 hours. For more information and other resources, please visit www.adra.ca/rationmeal.
WOMEN’S MINISTRY MEETING – Join with fellow women across the Conference on the next Women’s Ministry Virtual meeting. This is a free event on Zoom and will take place on November 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm (CST). Zoom ID: 918 7819 5693 or head to Man-Sask website for the link. Pastor Ashia Lennon will be sharing on the theme of “Young Women of Faith Today”. We hope you can join us for this event!
NEW HIGH ROPES COURSE – After 20 years of fun on the high ropes course at Camp Whitesand, it is time to retire it. In light of this, we are raising funds to install a brand-new course for summer 2021. The Conference has committed to matching donations, dollar for dollar to see this happen. Thank you to all who have already donated! We are still in need for funds so please consider this in your giving plans. For more information, please head to www.campwhitesand.com OR www.mansaskadventist.ca . You can donate online from these websites or on Adventist Giving. Thank you for your support!
ATTENTION ALL RRVJA ALUMNI & STAFF- Reaching out to alumni, former teaching staff, and administrative staff, along with former Man-Sask Superintendents to help with the Rebranding of Red River Valley Junior Academy (RRVJA). RRVJA is now a K-12 school that is needing a new name as it is no longer a Junior Academy. We are asking, if you are any of the above mentioned people, to take the short amount of time to fill out the following survey on Survey Monkey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K9V6BJF or on the QR code. The deadline for survey is November 6, 2020. We value your opinion, thoughts and ideas. Thank you so much for helping us find the right name for our first senior academy in the Man-Sask Conference.
GROUNDED SERIES- Henderson Highway Church welcomes all youth & young adults join to Grounded. This weekly virtual series encourages viewers as they navigate their journeys of faith. Pastor Ricardo and special guests share their personal stories about hardships and challenges, and they also explore Bible stories and what kept those characters grounded. Grounded is streamed live on Facebook &YouTube on Fridays at 7 pm (CDT). Your questions & prayer requests can be shared anonymously during the series on Slido.com (event code #grounded).
YouTube à youtube.com/hendersonhwysda
20. Ellen G White book sale: Ellen G. White is the author of more than 130 books and 5,000 periodical articles. Her writings have proven to be a gift to the Seventh-day Adventist Church and a life-changing inspiration to readers around the world.
Every October, your local Adventist Book Center celebrates the life and ministry of Ellen White by doing a month-long focus on her books. We would like to invite your church members to learn more.
October is Spirit-of-Prophecy Month at your local Adventist Book Center®. Learn more about Ellen G. White’s books at https://adventistbookcenter.com/books.html?author=412 . Books like Steps to Christ, The Desire of Ages, and The Great Controversy can change lives.
21. The ABC Bookmobile: The ABC Bookmobile will be making it Fall Run to Manitoba and Saskatchewan beginning on October 6, 2020. For information about the stops and dates, along with the food price list and 2021 Devotional books prices please got to the conference website at https://www.mansaskadventist.ca/ or to the link https://www.mansaskadventist.ca/resources/adventist-book-center to click on the ABC Christian Book Mobile Fall Run, Food Pricing, and 2021 Devotional Book Information.
Adventist Media Broadcasts
Amazing Facts….…. Sunday 9:30 am……. MTS 26…….. SHAW 119
Amazing Facts….…. Sunday 7:30 pm…..MTS 26…….…. SHAW 119
It Is Written……….……Saturday 9 am………………. CKY (CTV)
It Is Written….…………Saturday 11 am………………CKY (CTV)
3 Angels broadcasting Network......................www.3abn.org
Voice of Adventist Radio......................... voar.org
Amazing Facts Christian Media.................... www.amazingfacts.org